leg
break a leg 祝好運;大獲成功(用於祝願演員演出成功)
eg: I wish you break a leg in the coming English speech contest。
祝你在即將到來的英語演講比賽中獲得成功。
shake a leg 趕快;跳舞;迅速行動
eg: The whole place is packed。 You‘d better shake a leg before it’s all gone。
整個地方(店)都擠滿了人。你最好在賣光前趕快去。
hang a leg 向後退;裹足不前;猶豫不決;搖擺不定
eg: You have your hands on thousands, you fools, and you hang a leg!
你們伸手就可拿到成千上萬的錢,你們這群笨蛋,卻在那兒猶猶豫豫!
pull someone‘s leg ( If you are pulling someone’s leg, you are teasing them by telling them something shocking or worrying as a joke。 ) 開某人的玩笑
eg: Of course I won‘t tell them; I was only pulling your leg。
我當然不會告訴他們;我只是和你開玩笑的。
feet
get cold feet 沮喪;臨陣退縮
eg: You’ve prepared really hard。 You can‘t get cold feet now!
你必須上!你一直在很努力地準備啊,現在可不許你臨陣退縮!
I began to get cold feet, but the other two guys were totally positive 。
我開始動搖,可其他兩個人卻深信不疑。
cold feet 害怕,膽怯;信心或勇氣的喪失
eg: Sally said I should try Bungee, but I had cold feet。
莎莉說我應該體驗一下高空彈跳,但是我就是不敢。
本文由篤行19原創,歡迎關注,帶你一起漲知識